Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “Honor your father and mother” (this is the first commandment with a promise), “that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land.” Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.
God‘s word is our handbook for life. So many times we forget that the answer to any problem is in the Word. Raising children is not an easy task! Our children are so precious to us. It is so important to watch them and know where they are at every moment. If we are not with them, then know who is caring for your child. Teachers, caregivers, babysitters, etc. There are too many children getting abused, hurt, dying and we must stop the ongoing trauma. Don’t take your eyes off your children. Know where they are and who they are with at all times. This is no longer a world where we can send our children off to school on their own. This is no longer a world where we can send them out to play alone or even with a friend. Children will disobey and explore.Children will wander off at times. Talk to your children about your concerns and let them know you care. Spend quality time with them everyday. Take an hour out of your busy schedule to sit with them outside as they play. Our relationship with our children will affect them in so many ways.
Again– Parents, caregivers, teachers! Don’t take your eyes off the children! They are God’s gift to us. Treat them as they are…valuable and precious! Follow God’s plan and raise them up in the ways of the Lord.
- Honor (bayareamomma.wordpress.com)
- Parenting: Modeling God’s love (sharondmiddleton.wordpress.com)
- Making Parental Decisions Together – Raising Children (everydayfamily.com)
- CYF caregiver accused of attack on boy (stuff.co.nz)
- More Tips For Raising Children (aboutthechildrenblog.com)
- Father publishes children’s story from Afghanistan (dvidshub.net)
- Interviewing Your Nanny or Babysitter – Childcare (everydayfamily.com)
- Some Thoughts on Parenting (rockandsand.wordpress.com)
- Where Have The Children Gone (II)… (danielpauljessewrites.wordpress.com)
- Parenting Wednesdays – Fathers, Don’t Provoke Your Children to Anger (rodneyhunt.wordpress.com)