Why should there be a price on keeping our children (our most precious asset) safe? American is feeling the grief of those in the Sandy Hook shooting. As a teacher, I am experiencing the shock of this terrible tragedy ten times over. As a parent and grandmother, my heart aches for those who have lost their precious children. As a mother, I am praying for all and I know those who gave their lives to try to protect the children will be rewarded in heaven. Those who are related to the shooter I pray for God‘s peace and healing also.
As the days go by, I pray that there will an awakening in the hearts and minds of those in the government. American must wake up and put our children first. We put” In God we trust” on our money, but what are we doing with our children? Taking prayer out of schools, and allowing these shootings to continue.
The first step of change must be keeping our kids safe. We do it in our banks, so why aren’t we protecting our children? Schools must have every possible safety mechanism.Doors with alarms, bullet proof entries, metal detectors, alarm switch to notify security-armed security. Whatever is available to protect America‘s money must be available in our schools to keep our children safe.
The second step -The mental health issues being addressed more aggressively. Providing those with mental health issues with more care and educating parents.
The third step -The NRA can regulate the responsibility of gun ownership. Those who have guns must have them put away in a safe, separate from ammunition. They should never be accessible to anyone who is not the gun owner, and that person must have complete gun safety training and evaluations stating there are not any mental health issues.
- Newtown – harbinger of the times. King Tides. (anzinga.wordpress.com)
- Grandparents Can Help Grandkids in Aftermath of Tragedy (aarp.org)
- Connecticut School Shooting: Kidpower Shows How To Empower Kids In The Face Of Violence (prweb.com)
- North County school districts reassure parents in wake of tragedy (utsandiego.com)
- No, not again… (exceedingspeed.wordpress.com)
- Day 40/40: Before It’s Too Late (firstjohn419.wordpress.com)
- Why? (thehouseoftrue.com)
- What is This World Coming To?-Connecticut Tragedy (gwenrelationshipsstartwithyou.wordpress.com)
- Sandy Hook victim’s father offers condolences to families, including shooter’s (charlotte.news14.com)
- Prayer for the Families of Sandy Hook Elementary School – VIDEO (peacefulwife.com)